Google Play gift cards are an excellent gift that allows you to download movies, music, apps, and other media directly to your smartphone. But, how exactly do you go about redeeming your gift card, and what do you do if it isn’t working correctly? Don’t worry; we have everything you’ll need to know about redeeming your new gift card and applying the balance to your Google Play account. We’ll also cover some troubleshooting tips in case your card isn’t working correctly.
Google play gift card code is a gift voucher code that is issued by Google Play. Using this voucher code allows you to make purchases at Google Play Store, from where you can buy applications and games, videos, music, books and other digital content.
How to Redeem a Google Play Gift Card Codes
Once you have created your USA Google Account, all you need to do now is redeem your google play gift card code, and enjoy all that the Google Play Store has to offer.
- On your Google Home Page, in the right-hand corner, you will see your account name, and links to navigate to Google’s other webpages. Click the icon of the square made up of nine smaller blocks labelled ‘Google Apps’
- Click the multi-coloured triangle pointing to the right labelled ‘Google Play’, this is a quick link to https://play.google.com/store?hl=en
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see a menu to assist you in navigating the store’s categories.
- Near the bottom of the list, click ‘Redeem’. A pop-up window will appear with space to ‘Enter gift card or promo code’. Type the code located on your Google Play card PDF into the offered space and click the grey ‘Redeem’ box. The funds of the card will be credited to your Google Play Wallet.
Congrats! You can now access all of Google’s apps, games, TV shows, movies, music, and more!
How to redeem a Google Play gift card on Android phone
- Start by opening the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Open the menu by tapping the menu icon (the one with three lines) in the upper left-hand corner.
- Scroll down and tap “Redeem.”
- Just enter the provided redeem code and tap “Redeem”.
- Confirm your action and enjoy your credit!
How to redeem Google Play gift card on the computer
- Open your web browser and go to the Google Play store website.
- Choose “Redeem” on the left-hand side of the webpage.
- Enter the provided redeem code.
- Confirm and enjoy your credit!
Card not working? Here are some fixes
If your gift card isn’t working, there are a few reasons why. First, don’t use dashes or spaces when typing in your code. If that doesn’t help, go to where the card was purchased, if you can, and see if the card was activated. All gift cards have to be activated or they can’t be used. If you can’t get to the store, try contacting Google Play’s customer service.
Also, your card must be redeemed in the same country it was purchased in. So if your friend overseas sent you a card, it’s not going to work unless they purchased one specifically for your country. The card will have the country listed on the back.
The fix is to change your country on your Google Pay account by making a new payment profile. To make the change, go to the Google Pay site, then Settings > Country and click on the Edit button (it looks like a pencil). Click on Create New Profile and follow the on-screen instructions, making sure to choose the country of your card as your country in the options. Then, redeem your gift card and just use this profile to make purchases until your card balance is used up.